Family reunion

A protected person (refugee or subsidiary protection) can make a request to get a residence permit for some members of his/her family:

  • His/her spouse, if marriage happened before the date at which the person handed the asylum application
  • His/her children or the children of his/her spouse, under some conditions (for example the child’s age)
  • His/her parents if the protected person is unmarried and under 18

Family relatives wishing to come to France through the family reunion procedure must do the procedure directly in the country they live in, at the French consulate or embassy.

For more information on the family reunion procedure, read the Guide from the Ministry of the Interior (in English or in Arabic).