City hall – Mairie
The mairie (city hall) is a key place for anyone living in France.
You will get informed, orientated and helped for your everyday life procedures.
It offers many services about:
- Civil status (wedding, birth…)
- Education (school enrolment, canteen application…)
- Social welfare (with a Social Action Center (in French, Centre Communal d’Action Sociale – CCAS) which offers legal orientation and supports financially and technically other social actions)
- Maintenance and protection of the city (parks…)
- Culture (museums, public libraries…)
- Sports and hobbies (sport events)
- And many other services because each city hall has its specificities
Each of the 35,228 French cities depends on a mairie. For more information, go to your city’s mairie or read this presentation.