Undocumented foreigners

If you’re a foreigner with no residence permit and with no document proving that you started the procedure to get a residence permit, you can get the State Medical Assistance (in French, Aide Médicale d’Etat – AME) under some conditions.

You must have been living in France for more than 3 months and your income must be under a certain limit.

The State Medical Assistance (AME) pays for the mandatory portion of your medical expenses. If you want to know more about it, go on the website cmu.fr.