In France, some insurances are compulsory:
1) Multirisk house insurance which covers you house-related risks (fire, burglary…) and protects the house’s inhabitants in case of damage or harm
2) Family liability insurance (usually included in the house insurance) which covers damage caused:
- By one of the family members
- In the context of private life
- To other people or their possessions
3) Car insurance, covering at least damage caused to other people when driving
To take out these insurances, make an appointment with your insurer who will provide you with the list of needed documents depending on your situation.